Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Digital Blog Post #E

Powered by emaze



Standard-Based Assessments
As a future educator, I hope that Florida eliminates standardized testing. I work with students, I especially spend a lot of time in a third-grade classroom. Every day I help prepare them for the FSA. These children are afraid to take the test because the test determines whether or not they pass the third grade. These children come to third grade to learn how to take a test in my opinion. When I was in third grade, I remember taking the FCAT. I honestly do not recall learning just to pass a test. We were given free time and were able to learn for fun. Now students are not having fun when learning, they are learning to pass a test that determines where they should be placed the following year. 

Multimedia Learning
I plan on incorporating a lot of learning through technology when I become a teacher. I feel as though students become more engaged when they can visually see what is being taught. Children enjoy listening to lessons and love when they are involved in what is going on in the classroom. I see that children today are not as eager to learn when they are given a textbook. It is exciting to see that teachers can pull up the book on a smart-board and children can be read to by the narrator. There are also videos that children can see, and it helps children learn because they are interested in what is being presented. 

Involving Students in Learning and Assessment
I too feel as though children and teachers should work together to help one another. Children are never asked what it is that they would like to do for the day, nor what it is that they are most interested in learning. As a future teacher, I would like to get my students input on what makes them more excited to learn. I strongly feel that if children were more involved in their learning process, they would learn a lot quicker. Allowing them the opportunity to discover why learning is important would also contribute to the child's success.




Resources


Maloy, Robert, Verock-O' Loughlin, Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.


Osorio, Alexandria (2016, March 29). Digital Blog Post #E. Retrieved from: https://app.emaze.com/editor/@ACLTOCZC





No comments:

Post a Comment