Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Digital Blog Post #D

How I Would Incorporate Communications With My Students

As an educator, I feel that is important for your students to be able to communicate with you in many ways possible. I do believe that both teachers and students should communicate through email, but I do not think teachers and students should communicate through text messaging. I would create a syllabus allowing the students to know which way they can contact me. I would also be sure to receive their contact information as well. It is important to you as the teacher and the students to be able to communicate when needed about what is going on the in the classroom.

My Writing Expectations As An Educator

As a future teacher, I would like all my students to be able to write excellent papers. I would like them to follow the writing process, so I know they are giving a hundred percent when writing papers. When a child is in the process of writing a paper, I can give him or her feedback as to what is great or what needs improvement. Technology has made it so much easier for both teachers and students to keep in contact.


Storybook Apps in the Classroom

In my classroom, I would like students to read a lot. I believe with our new standards in schools children are not given many opportunities to read as much as they should. I feel as though if a child is unable to read, then what is he or she learning? I would encourage children to read both hardcover books and books on e-readers. I would promote the use of both because students all learn in a different way. Some children may enjoy reading on their own while others may enjoy someone reading to them. No matter how my future students read, I will make it my goal for them all to become proficient readers.




Resources

Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

Osorio, Alexandria (2016, March 6). Digital Blog Post #D. Retrieved from: https://www.powtoon.com/online-presentation/cs4tsNKzNYZ/?mode=movie#/



No comments:

Post a Comment