Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Digital Blog Post #F




Online Learning and Virtual Schools
I feel as though online schools are becoming very popular as the time goes by. I like taking courses online because I never have to drive to school. Online learning is beneficial to me because I can work at my pace. I am a mother and a full-time worker, so being able to do school work when I can is convenient for me. I learn better working online, than learning on campus. Classes at school seem to be more distracting to me. I have friends who also take online courses, and they too enjoy them more than going on campus. Virtual schools are not for everybody, but I do feel that online learning helps those people who are very busy to attend school. I hope that when I become a teacher, we can do online lessons that children can view when they are absent or just need a little bit more practice on a particular concept.

Technology- Integrated Classrooms
I enjoy how children today can learn using technology. I work at a school, and our students enjoy using technology every day. Instead of reading and writing on books and papers, they can read and type on the computers. Children can use tablets when they have free time. On the tablets, they play matching games and math games as well. On the computer, they can go to Compass Learning. On this site, they can learn how to read and much more. Students especially enjoy when their teachers teach them on the smart board. Children become so engaged because they can see everything the teacher is doing. They especially like the smart board because teachers usually write side notes so that students can learn. In the future, I hope to incorporate the use of technology in my room so that students become eager to learn. I feel as though it is important for children to find out how to use a cell phone and computers because our society is becoming more and more dependent on the use of technology.

Integrating Technology to Address the Participation Gap
In the future, I hope to have my students using technology. Although my students may not be able to afford laptops and tablets, I would ask those who have laptops and tablets to bring them in and share with their classmates. It would allow my students to be responsible for others belongings. Sharing their technologies would show them how to be kind and considerate with one another. I would make sure to write letters to companies asking for donations of technologies so all my students would eventually be able to use a laptop or tablet. I would also encourage my students to work in small groups and have some on the computers to better enhance their computer skills. I feel that learning how to use technology will be critical for all students in the future.

Resources
Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

Osorio, Alexandria (2016, April 19) Digital Blog Post #F. retrieved from https://prezi.com/d3az4-3wl06n/digital-blog-post-f/

No comments:

Post a Comment