Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Digital Blog Post #C

Flip Quiz

While reading Chapter 5, I was very interested in learning about e-readers. You may wonder what an e-reader is? An e-reader is an electronic device where people can read books electronically. A few e-readers that people use on a daily basis are Kindles and iPad's. I have used e-readers to read interesting chapter books on multiple reading apps on my iPhone. I enjoyed reading on my phone because using an electronic device was more interesting to me than reading a regular chapter book. When I become a teacher, I hope my students are given the opportunity to use e-readers because they will be more engaged to read and learn.

 Search engines specialize in exploring the web using keywords. So if I were to google information on electronic devices, anything containing the term electronic would pop up on my google search. Every time I google any information needed, I realize that anything containing my keyword will pop up. It amazes me how much information is on the web that contains the same keywords as what I am researching. At work we are working on Black History Month, so every time I google the words, everything containing those terms will pop up. It is very exciting to me that search engines make my life so much easier by pulling up exactly what I am looking for. In the future, I believe search engines will continue to be equally important. I will be glad when my future students have the opportunity to google anything and everything promptly.

The topic discussing URL's was critical for me to memorize. When doing research questions for school, I discovered that it is best to use websites that end in .edu, .k12, and .gov. I like to use sites ending with these URL's because they are more accurate than other sites. Anyone can publish information using .com. Therefore, their information is not as accurate as someone doing research in .edu, .k12, and .gov. In the future, I will allow my students to be aware of what sites I would like them to use. I will emphasize for them to review the sites they are researching. Professor, you have taught me how to evaluate the situation. AAOCC! I will be sure to emphasize how important it is to evaluate the sites, so they know if the information is accurate or not.

Photo credit to Sam Azgor on Flickr


I enjoyed completing the flip quiz, it was fun to play the game I had created. It was a very exciting way to learn Chapter 5!

Resource
Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

[ereaderreview]. (2013, July, 12.) Ereader Reviews-The Top 5 Best ereaders. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n7Z6U7Dcws&feature=youtu.be





No comments:

Post a Comment